Royal Dutch Shell Group .com Rotating Header Image

Posts on ‘September 25th, 2008’

Shell opens new office in Baghdad in deal with Iraqi Government

Times Online

Times Online
September 25, 2008

Tim Albone, Baghdad

Royal Dutch Shell opened an office in Baghdad this week, the first major international oil firm to do so since 1972 when the industry was nationalised.

The news of the opening comes after Shell signed a deal, potentially worth billions of dollars, with the state-run Southern Oil Company. The enterprise will see the recovery and sale of billons of dollars’ worth of natural gas, currently being burnt off and wasted in the southern Iraqi oil fields. Shell will acquire a 49 per cent stake, with Southern Oil holding the remaining 51 per cent. read more

shellplc.website and its sister non-profit websites royaldutchshellplc.com, royaldutchshellgroup.com, shellenergy.website, shellnazihistory.com, royaldutchshell.website, johndonovan.website, shellnews.net and shell2004.com are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia feature.

Shell, BP to Shut Refineries for Repair, Cut Europe Fuel Supply

Sept. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Royal Dutch Shell Plc, BP Plc and Total SA are leading oil companies that will shut at least 6 percent of Europe's refining for repairs next month, reducing inventories already diminished by U.S. demand after Hurricane Ike.

shellplc.website and its sister non-profit websites royaldutchshellplc.com, royaldutchshellgroup.com, shellenergy.website, shellnazihistory.com, royaldutchshell.website, johndonovan.website, shellnews.net and shell2004.com are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia feature.

Repsol Gains on Report Total, Shell May Consider Making Bid

Sept. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Repsol YPF SA rose in Madrid trading after Expansion said Total SA and Royal Dutch Shell Plc are studying the possibility of buying the Spanish oil company, citing unidentified people close to the conversations.

shellplc.website and its sister non-profit websites royaldutchshellplc.com, royaldutchshellgroup.com, shellenergy.website, shellnazihistory.com, royaldutchshell.website, johndonovan.website, shellnews.net and shell2004.com are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia feature.

Speculator? Oil Firm? Theories on Crude Spike

Chevron Corp. declined to comment and referred questions to the American Petroleum Institute, where a spokeswoman said she had no information on the matter. Royal Dutch Shell PLC and BP PLC didn't return phone calls. An Exxon Mobil Corp. spokesman declined to comment.

shellplc.website and its sister non-profit websites royaldutchshellplc.com, royaldutchshellgroup.com, shellenergy.website, shellnazihistory.com, royaldutchshell.website, johndonovan.website, shellnews.net and shell2004.com are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia feature.

Total and Shell study buying Repsol stakes-paper

The Spanish government has indicated it would look favourably on Total taking over Repsol, Expansion cited sources close to discussions on the issue as saying.

shellplc.website and its sister non-profit websites royaldutchshellplc.com, royaldutchshellgroup.com, shellenergy.website, shellnazihistory.com, royaldutchshell.website, johndonovan.website, shellnews.net and shell2004.com are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia feature.