Royal Dutch Shell Group .com Rotating Header Image

Shell to Proceed With Gas Project in Offshore Malaysia

Shell to Proceed With Gas Project in Offshore Malaysia

Shell plc SHEL recently announced that it has taken a final investment decision to go ahead with the development of the Rosmari-Marjoram gas fields situated off the southeast coast of Malaysia.

The British energy major stated that the project is intended to produce 800 million standard cubic feet of gas per day, with the first gas output anticipated in 2026.

A subsidiary of SHEL — Sarawak Shell Berhad — owns an 80% stake and is the operator of the project. Meanwhile, the remaining 20% interest is held by Malaysian state-owned Petronas.

Discovered in 2014, the Rosmari-Marjoram fields are located approximately 220 kilometers (136.7 miles) off the coast of Bintulu in the Malaysian state of Sarawak. The development of this deepwater sour gas field will consist of a subsea tie-back, an unmanned wellhead platform, a 207 km pipeline to the shore and an onshore gas plant at Bintulu.

Shell is one of the primary oil supermajors, a group of U.S. and Europe-based big energy multinationals with operations spanning worldwide. The company is fully integrated as it participates in every aspect related to energy, from oil production to refining and marketing. SHEL operates as an energy and petrochemical company. Shell plc was formerly known as Royal Dutch Shell.

Shell currently carries a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).

FULL ARTICLE and its sister non-profit websites,,,,,, and are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia feature.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: