

HOUSTON | BY KRISTEN HAYS: Tue Sep 8, 2015
Royal Dutch Shell shelved its Louisiana-to-Texas Westward Ho pipeline after years of delays, reductions in scope and after other new pipelines began flowing, a spokeswoman confirmed on Tuesday.
“After a thorough review and as a result of changing market conditions, Shell Pipeline Company LP has decided to not proceed with the proposed Westward Ho Pipeline project,” spokeswoman Kimberly Windon said.
Proposed in 2011 at a top capacity of 900,000 barrels per day, Shell said Westward Ho would move Gulf of Mexico and imported crudes from the St. James, Louisiana oil hub to Houston. The leg between Nederland, Texas and Houston would move up to 500,000 bpd, and the entire project was targeted to start in late 2015.
The line was intended to accommodate growth in medium sour and other crudes. It also would restore a flow from Louisiana to Texas after Shell reversed its Houma-to-Houston pipeline – now called Zydeco – to move Texas crudes to Houma, St. James and Clovelly, Louisiana.
However, in mid-2012 Shell slashed Westward Ho’s initial capacity to 300,000 bpd after wrapping up an open season to gauge shipper interest. Shell said it could be expanded to 900,000 bpd if shipper interest warranted.
Then other pipeline projects began moving inland U.S. output to Houston and the Nederland/Port Arthur area, flooding the region with crude while interest in Westward Ho waned.
Those projects include TransCanada Corp’s 700,000 bpd MarketLink pipeline, which transports oil from the U.S. crude futures hub in Cushing, Oklahoma, to Nederland, and Enterprise Products Partners’ 780,000 bpd pipeline from its ECHO hub in Houston to Beaumont.
In October last year, Shell said Westward Ho was on hold to allow for another open season, and proposed initial capacity rose to 400,000 bpd. Shell pushed the target startup date to late 2017.
Shell did not announce results of the second open season. The company also did not elaborate on canceling Westward Ho on Tuesday except to say the decision was in line with company strategy to manage projects “to meet ever-changing market conditions and optimize resources.”
(Reporting By Kristen Hays; Editing by Chris Reese)
This website and sisters royaldutchshellplc.com, shellnazihistory.com, royaldutchshell.website, johndonovan.website, and shellnews.net, are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia segment.
















Royal Dutch Shell conspired directly with Hitler, financed the Nazi Party, was anti-Semitic and sold out its own Dutch Jewish employees to the Nazis. Shell had a close relationship with the Nazis during and after the reign of Sir Henri Deterding, an ardent Nazi, and the founder and decades long leader of the Royal Dutch Shell Group. His burial ceremony, which had all the trappings of a state funeral, was held at his private estate in Mecklenburg, Germany. The spectacle (photographs below) included a funeral procession led by a horse drawn funeral hearse with senior Nazis officials and senior Royal Dutch Shell directors in attendance, Nazi salutes at the graveside, swastika banners on display and wreaths and personal tributes from Adolf Hitler and Reichsmarschall, Hermann Goring. Deterding was an honored associate and supporter of Hitler and a personal friend of Goring.
Deterding was the guest of Hitler during a four day summit meeting at Berchtesgaden. Sir Henri and Hitler both had ambitions on Russian oil fields. Only an honored personal guest would be rewarded with a private four day meeting at Hitler’s mountain top retreat.














IN JULY 2007, MR BILL CAMPBELL (ABOVE, A RETIRED GROUP AUDITOR OF SHELL INTERNATIONAL SENT AN EMAIL TO EVERY UK MP AND MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS:


MORE DETAILS:












A head-cut image of Alfred Donovan (now deceased) appears courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.

























































