FINANCIAL TIMES
By Michael Peel and Jeremy Lemer
Published: September 30 2009 14:33 | Last updated: September 30 2009 14:33
EXTRACTS
Corruption investigators were on Wednesday poised to press criminal charges over BAE Systems arms deals as the long-running probe into one of the countrys most-politically charged cases finally comes to a head, the Financial Times has learned.
A prosecution would provide a final showdown in a bitter case in which BAE has fiercely contested allegations that it paid hundreds of millions of pounds of bribes to win business in Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, South Africa, Romania, the Czech Republic and other countries.
The company is also under investigation by the US Department of Justice…
FT FULL ARTICLE (Subscription)
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
UK Serious Fraud Office Says Talks With BAE Systems Continue
SEPTEMBER 30, 2009, 10.33 A.M. ET
LONDON (Dow Jones)–The U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office, or SFO, said Wednesday that it was still in discussions with defense giant BAE Systems PLC (BA.LN) over an inquiry into allegations of bribery and corruption.
The SFO, a government department that investigate allegations of serious and complex fraud, had never said there was a deadline in talks with the company, according to an SFO spokesman.
“There are still ongoing discussion between us and the company,” he said, adding that there would be no announcement Wednesday.
BAE Systems previously has faced accusations of bribery and corruption in its dealings abroad. In December, 2006, the SFO called off a two-year long probe of weapons sales to Saudi Arabia after the U.K. government raised concerns that it might jeopardize national security and antiterrorism cooperation with Riyadh.
A spokeswoman for BAE Systems couldn’t be reached immediately for comment. The company previously has denied all allegations of bribery.
-By Jonathan Buck, Dow Jones Newswires; +44 (0)207 842 8237; [email protected]
This website and sisters royaldutchshellplc.com, shellnazihistory.com, royaldutchshell.website, johndonovan.website, and shellnews.net, are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia segment.
















Royal Dutch Shell conspired directly with Hitler, financed the Nazi Party, was anti-Semitic and sold out its own Dutch Jewish employees to the Nazis. Shell had a close relationship with the Nazis during and after the reign of Sir Henri Deterding, an ardent Nazi, and the founder and decades long leader of the Royal Dutch Shell Group. His burial ceremony, which had all the trappings of a state funeral, was held at his private estate in Mecklenburg, Germany. The spectacle (photographs below) included a funeral procession led by a horse drawn funeral hearse with senior Nazis officials and senior Royal Dutch Shell directors in attendance, Nazi salutes at the graveside, swastika banners on display and wreaths and personal tributes from Adolf Hitler and Reichsmarschall, Hermann Goring. Deterding was an honored associate and supporter of Hitler and a personal friend of Goring.
Deterding was the guest of Hitler during a four day summit meeting at Berchtesgaden. Sir Henri and Hitler both had ambitions on Russian oil fields. Only an honored personal guest would be rewarded with a private four day meeting at Hitler’s mountain top retreat.














IN JULY 2007, MR BILL CAMPBELL (ABOVE, A RETIRED GROUP AUDITOR OF SHELL INTERNATIONAL SENT AN EMAIL TO EVERY UK MP AND MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS:


MORE DETAILS:












A head-cut image of Alfred Donovan (now deceased) appears courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.

























































