Updated: 1:02 p.m. ET Oct. 29, 2007
LAGOS, Nigeria – Four Indian oil workers who were kidnapped in the Niger Delta region last week are safe, officials said Monday.
The Indians were among six foreign workers abducted at dawn Friday from an oil facility off the coast of Nigeria. The other hostages are Polish, according to Italian energy giant Eni SpA.
Eni had originally reported that the hostages included Nigerians and at least one Filipino.
“There is confirmation of the news that four (Indian nationals) are safe and unharmed,” said Indian Foreign Ministry spokesman Navtej Sarna.
Militants have kidnapped more than 150 foreigners this year to press their demands for local control of oil revenues. The attacks since late 2005 have cut Nigeria’s regular output by about 20 percent, helping send crude prices to all-time highs.
Locals have for years demanded a greater share of the wealth in Africa’s largest crude producer, and the region remains desperately poor despite its great natural resources.
The government of President Umaru Yar’Adua has stepped increased efforts to maintain calm in the Niger Delta, and violence has waned since he took power May 29. But the latest attacks could set back plans for formal talks between the government and the main armed groups.
A militant group, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, claimed responsibility for Friday’s attack in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
MEND, as it is called, also has claimed responsibility for an attack earlier this month on an offshore oil field operated by Royal Dutch Shell. Militants kidnapped seven workers _ Nigerian, British, Croatian and South African _ but released them after two days.
The group, which threatened last month to resume attacks after one of its leaders was arrested in Angola, vowed to continue the violence.
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/21015060/for/cnbc
This website and sisters royaldutchshellplc.com, shellnazihistory.com, royaldutchshell.website, johndonovan.website, and shellnews.net, are owned by John Donovan. There is also a Wikipedia segment.
















Royal Dutch Shell conspired directly with Hitler, financed the Nazi Party, was anti-Semitic and sold out its own Dutch Jewish employees to the Nazis. Shell had a close relationship with the Nazis during and after the reign of Sir Henri Deterding, an ardent Nazi, and the founder and decades long leader of the Royal Dutch Shell Group. His burial ceremony, which had all the trappings of a state funeral, was held at his private estate in Mecklenburg, Germany. The spectacle (photographs below) included a funeral procession led by a horse drawn funeral hearse with senior Nazis officials and senior Royal Dutch Shell directors in attendance, Nazi salutes at the graveside, swastika banners on display and wreaths and personal tributes from Adolf Hitler and Reichsmarschall, Hermann Goring. Deterding was an honored associate and supporter of Hitler and a personal friend of Goring.
Deterding was the guest of Hitler during a four day summit meeting at Berchtesgaden. Sir Henri and Hitler both had ambitions on Russian oil fields. Only an honored personal guest would be rewarded with a private four day meeting at Hitler’s mountain top retreat.














IN JULY 2007, MR BILL CAMPBELL (ABOVE, A RETIRED GROUP AUDITOR OF SHELL INTERNATIONAL SENT AN EMAIL TO EVERY UK MP AND MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS:


MORE DETAILS:












A head-cut image of Alfred Donovan (now deceased) appears courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.

























































